Monday, February 20, 2012

blogging with purpose...

The original idea of this blog was to gain encouragement from others and give encouragement back.  I have been encouraged to keep the blog a bit more positive, but I want to keep the same raw honesty, because I think a lot of people relate to that.  So, I am going to try to strike a balance...some raw honesty about what I struggle with, because without that, there won't be the shared sense of victory when I overcome those struggles and little more about each days positive happenings so it feels a little better as we move along.  Besides if I include more positives, maybe I will begin finding more of them along the way and hopefully help my kids also seek the good things in their lives.

So, as most of you know, I took and extended break to try to eat healthy foods instead of following the plan....that didn't work out so well for me.  I don't know why I can't just sit down and eat a healthy meal.  I always need to include something not healthy or the whole thing is unhealthy.  This type of plan really is perfect for my life right now.  Its easy to stick to, my meals (except one) are prepackaged and require very little prep time.  With my crazy life, it really is the easiest way to eat.  And for some reason, when I have a more strict plan, I can stick with it better...maybe because I am not tempted to say "oh just one bite won't hurt" and then it turns into plenty more. 

So, yes, I am back on my program, talked with my health coach today and I am jusst planning to take it one day at a time.  Today, I committed to myself that I would stick with it "just for today".  And tomorrow I will do the same....more tomorrow, family crisis

No comments:

Post a Comment