Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Yay...I've beaten the hunger!

Today was about 100% better than the last 4 days.  I was able to be just fine between my meals.  I never felt like I was starving or that I couldn't make it to the next meal!  This is when this weight loss program really starts working...I've kicked into the fat burning stage.  My energy will begin to increase as well...I hope I begin sleeping better today!  After staying up last night doing homework, I kept having horrible nightmares that kept me from getting to sleep.  So I am pretty tired tonight...

Today was another stressful day....alot of it really related to being a single parent.  I needed to get after kids to do chores and clean up after themselves, while trying to get a little housework done myself.  Needed to help one do homework (and she needed a lot of help tonight) all the while knowing I  had hours and hours of homework sitting there not getting done.  I had a lesson to plan, dinner to make (and clean up) and had to get one to basketball practice....And one is getting sick or they needed to talk about something...just life, the pleasures and the struggles.  I am totally, not complaining....I wouldn't trade my kids for anything!!  I would rather deal with stress like this every day than not have them for one day.  Its just on nights like this where you wish you had someone to help with that day to day stuff.  I really feel that is why God created marriage.  To help with all of lifes busyiness and especially to help with the day to day life of raising a kids and managing a household.  Reality of life though is different from that.  So managing stress is what I keep coming back to...and havent figured out yet.  I did say "Jesus take the wheel"  many many times today!  So I am making progress...

At least today there weren't any fights with the kids, so in amongst the stress of the day, there were times of laughter and hugs to share!  I love my kids they are such a blessing from God!  I can't imagine life without the immense joy they bring to me every day!  I have never had a day when I wasn't so thankful for having them in my life!  Even those days when you want to scream and pull your hair out...there a little moments with each of them that make me laugh, smile or feel really proud of the people they are becoming despite my mistakes! 

Back to the journey of health I am on.  Getting to the point in the program where food isn't such a focus is huge for me and will really help me to stick with the program and it also takes one element of stress away.  Most of my meals are pre-packaged and easy to eat, so I don't have to spend a lot of time thinking about it or shopping for my foods.  I only plan one meal a day to cook on my own.  I try to make that dinner.  I haven't always been good about fixing dinner for the family.  I get so busy and I say get leftovers, or a frozen dinner...or I get fast food.  Not the best example to be setting and it doesn't encourage family time when there isn't a formal meal.  I am finding that even when I do make a dinner, it is rare we are all here to sit and eat together.  Everyone is so busy and on such crazy schedules.  but that is one goal I would really like to work on in the near future.  Even if we got two sit down dinners a week with all of us and the other nights whoever is here sits down together.  I think that would improve our family connection to one another.  I need to quit eating my dinner while doing homework.  I need to make the time to sit down and enjoy my three blessings and any blessing they choose to bring home for dinner!  they all have wonderful friends/ boyfriends/ girlfriend...I am truly blessed in this area of my life!

Working toward relieving stress, I think a goal I need to look at is making time in my day for a break or two.  Giving myself permission to take a small break and enjoying life a little instead of working so hard will be an important health habit to make!  After the first three weeks on this program it will be time to think about an exercise program.  The idea of fitting it in sounds stressful, but I know that exercise works as a great stress reliever.  I have already started walking twice a week with a friend and having the time to talk and exercise at the same time is great for me.  Then I have moved my eliptical trainer and exercise bike in the house hoping I will use those while watching tv or reading an assignment ....

Now I need to work on the idea of getting a full night sleep!  Everyone have a great night and do one thing each day to work toward better health and you will be there before you know it!  I will be posting a new picture soon showing the loss of the first 10 pounds...I am already excited about the next 10.  And to go shopping soon for a new outfit to reward myself for the first 10!

2 comments:

  1. Good Job on sticking with the program. I am still trying to. I do good all day then when the boys start acting up thats when I want some comfort food for the stress. We are leaving on vacation Friday got all my meals with me so Im hoping to stick with the program. Thanks for writing your blog it helps me out. I just need to get more will power like you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,

    I hear you on the stress making it harder to stick to the program! It definitly affects me the same way. You can do it. Just take it a half hour at a time if you have to to get through the evening time. My favorite evening meal on the plan is one of the chocolate shakes (good for stress) and I make mine with 1 cup of ice and 1 cup water and mix it in the blender so it is more like a shake and more filling too. It is also ok to add a teaspoon or so of peanut butter in it. That makes a real good comfort food type treat without taking you off the plan....

    Just ask my kids, I don't have a lot of willpower, they have caught me cheating many, many times! My philosophy is that I keep trying. So just keep trying and you will get there! Good luck, call anytime you wanna talk. Sometimes a simple distraction like that can help too! have a good vacation!

    ReplyDelete