Saturday, January 28, 2012

Tired...

Tonights blog is going to be short and sweet...I am so behind in my homework, so just a little stressed out!  Gotta figure out how to balance everything tomorrow; homework, lesson planning, housework, laundry, cooking, and the thing I actually want to do...go watch my youngest daughters basketball tournament...had to miss todays games and I always hate it when that happens.

But I did actually give myself a break today and went to a movie with a friend.  Even though it meant I would be farther behind, I think it is important to get away like that occassionally.  A couple of hours where I didn't have to think about anything, but the movie I was watching was nice and its always nice to spend time with friends!  When I stopped at Fred Meyer for groceries and my new outfit for losing 10 pounds...it ended up working out for my sister and mom to meet me there...that was a special treat!  And they were great at picking out a perfect outfit for me!  Thanks for the help...

While going to a movie was a little challenging for me, since I love to "splurge" when I go since I rarely go.  But, I took one of my meals with me and some extra veggies and it ended up surprisingly easy once I made the decision to stick with it.  When I got home and was hit again with how much homework I had that I need done by tomorrow night, I was very tempted to have a drink, but I also knew that would probably lead to splurging on food I shouldn't have.  I also really wanted some extra pain medication due to ongoing pain the last few days.  But, I had already had some earlier and I really want to do better in that area as well, so I skipped that too.  I am sure the stress lately is increasing the pain level.  I may just have to learn to deal with it over the rest of this term.  I know stress releases cortisol which can counter weight loss, so I really need to figure out a way to deal with the stress better.  My work load is NOT going to decreas over the next couple of months, so I need to learn how to deal with it.

On a positive note...I was able to get a size smaller in jeans today!  That is encouraging and motivating!

Hopefully tomorrow, I will find an opportunity to post a picture in the new outfit 10 pounds lighter!  Ready to tackle the next 10!

1 comment:

  1. it is hard to balance...delegate the housework to the three kids..plan their meals and turn the tv and computer off to do the homework..hard, I know, but it has to be done...and if the house is not perfect clean in the next few months, then so be it.

    good luck.

    ReplyDelete