Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Rough 4th day!

Wow, can anyone say day from hell?  Oh my gosh...I know we all have them, but wow!  Wells its 1 am and I am just getting to my blog.  I thought about not posting since it was so late, but how better to inspire others than sharing my struggle and by tomorrow, my brain will be mush...

Started out good...actually mdade progress in budgeting and tax prep!  so I was excited about that and thought I  might actually end up with two days in a row of finishing my list.  But, I had a sick child at home...she didn't take up any more time, but I just never feel quite right myself when one of the kids is sick...especially when i have to go off and leave her for most of the day! 

Had to leave at 10 for my doctor appt.  Good thing was all my blood tests came back with every thing in normal ranges except the iron was on the low side (but way improved from the summer) and my triglycerides were a bit high, not extreme, just enough to watch.  But I figure staying on this diet will have that back down to normal in no time!  I talked to her about my weight loss and the program I am on.  She fully supported the program and was very happy to see the weight loss.  Which by the way was down a total of 9.8 pounds since my last appointment a month ago...even after messing up for a week or so!  Imagine where I would be if I had taken that little break...one more reason to try to avoid those breaks in the future.

If any day would have sent me over the other side to cheating, it was today...my day was so hectic from the doctor appointment on.  I ended up messing up my meals somehow and went too long between them more than once.  This resulted in my being ravenous during my last class (3 hours long).  I had such a horrible time paying attention!

Many classes are beginning to get overwhelming with the work load, so many of us got stressed during the first class.  I knew the whole time that I needed to come home and revamp my lesson plan for tomorrow based on feedback from my cooperating teacher and realizing there were things I needed to reteach before continuing on.  I thought I could get that done in about an hour when I got home, so yeah, not ideal, but doable.

Life doesn't always cooperate like we want it to....I got home, wet, exhausted and hungry to find no chores done by my kids, most of the lights left on in the house and then one child decided to stay over at her dads without telling me.  By then my patience was thin and I put my foot down on chores needing to be done before they go places, including their dads.  I let them know I am all for them getting extra time with their dad when they need it, but that they can't do it without checking with  me.  That just because I am in class on Tuesday nights, does not mean they can do what they please.  One daughter had an equally bad day and when I insisted her chores get done before doing anything with friends the next day and then got after her about her attitude about the whole thing...tears began to flow and a not so nice word came out of her mouth....a couple hours later I felt we had things pretty well resolved all the way around, but I still had this lesson to prepare....

Finally finished it about 10 minutes ago!  Places I could have cheated included...being so hungry when not at home and I forgot to take enough of the  meals on campus and didn't have time to get anything healthy...would have been so easy to grab quick, junk food to fill myself up.  But I stayed strong...then on the way home to stop and good fast food on the way (something I have relied on doing many times before on days like this or even with less stress), but again I fought through that one....the stress when i got here...also another thing that tends to lead me to either binging or having a couple of glasses of wine, which is always better with some cheese or other snack.  Again I stayed strong!  Days like this should increase my confidence in being able to handle adversity and still stick to the program...probably wont see that confidence until I recover from the lack of sleep I am getting tonight, the lingering stress, and getting my food at regular times again to avoid the hunger.  I did eat an extra meal from the program, which is an acceptable, occasional strategy for when the hunger is getting the better of you!

Another thing I felt good about today is that I worked on changing habit for dealing with the pain and stress...many, many times to day I said "Jesus take the wheel"  or sang as much of the song as I could remember.  I also reached for everyday pain relievers, like advil, instead of the stronger fibromyalgia medications.  I did end up needing some, but it wasn't to the degree I have done in the past.  I could still use more, but I am headed to bed and am hoping tomorrow will be a better day:)

So the work on adding in new and better habits is taking hold and moving me toward a healthier future and I can't wait to get there!  Take care of your health!

No comments:

Post a Comment