Friday, January 27, 2012

Stress...and comfort foods

Well today was one of those horribly busy days that never ends.  I worked until 6:30 today, got no homework done and still have so much to do in addition to the homework!

I am just now making dinner, should have made it a couple of hours ago...so what did I really want?  A drink...well, okay, several of them!  And junk food, something easy for dinner?

What motivated me to stick with it?  Knowing I had this blog to write...and thats it.  If I wasn't writing this and knowing people would read it, I would be at McDonalds grabbing my dinner and then getting some beer to go with it!

So Thank you, thank you for reading this blog and keeping me accountable.  What am I having for dinner?  stir fry vegetables and a small steak.  Now, red meat is not what we should have all the time, but an occassional splurge is ok!   Now if I can just feel like I am accomplishing something tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I have chicken and baby reds several times a week...not sure what your eating plan is...but Mrs. Dash (a seasoning brand) has tons of no sodium seasonings and that helps from getting super bored with my chicken. I cook it in olive oil, garlic and season it. I often want to splurge but after I eat my healthy meal, it almost feels empowering and feels great! Were you at your school until 630? What other classes are you taking right now? Any ESOL??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do a lot of chicken and vegetables, but no potatoes. I will have to try Mrs. Dash. I had to work most if the day...I still do bookkeeping for Mikaylas dad...had to work on taxes and all that garbage....

    So I am behind on homework after a busy week with student teaching, lesson planning and real work:) I am taking a strategies class for teaching literacy and another for teaching writing and social studies. I have a seminar for putting together a work sample from my student teaching. Then I have lifetime fitness and wellnessand TCE 599 which is anESOL class. I only need I one more after that to be endorsed. But due to funds running g out, it will need to wait until I have a job:)

    Good luck with school and improving your health! What classes are you taking?

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete